Re: [TowerTalk] Ufer gnds/foundations

To: "'W7CE'" <w7ce@curtiss.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ufer gnds/foundations
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 17:35:47 -0500

Note that the reference, while they do make mention of lightning, is only
dealing with DC and 60 Hz power ground systems.
Deep ground rods can have good results at power line frequencies but as a
lightning ground the length gets too long and has too much inductance to be
effective. It is much better to use several shorter properly spaced rods. In
dry soil, getting down to where there is moisture is of benefit even with
the higher inductance.

73
Gary  K4FMX