[TowerTalk] MT-61 Tower Problem Solved

To: Towertalk <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MT-61 Tower Problem Solved
From: "Richard Zalewski" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 12:21:21 -0700
Just an update to tell all that I solved the problem with my Wilson Mt-61 tower.

Recap:  The tower would not come down.  Left it about 2 weeks and
tried again and it came down fine.  Still of course wanted to know
why.  Lowered the tower and took off the StepIR beam and found 8
rivets on the top section channel that had sheared or popped.
Replaced the rivets and all is well.

Thanks to all for their advice and comments.  A special thanks to Skip
KJ6Y of Tower Communications.  As always he was willing to share some
of his expertise over the telephone that was a great help.

Tnx es 73
Dick W7ZR
I have taken a vow of poverty.
To annoy me send money.