Re: [TowerTalk] #2 solid or stranded for tower leg grounds

To: "Doug Rehman" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] #2 solid or stranded for tower leg grounds
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 22:46:51 -0400
Try a search on "Ilisco connectors"
I found one out in my shop that is designed to mate Aluminum to Copper.  It
is roughly 1 3/4 X 2 7/8" (Give or take a tad ) and fits either a 9/16" or
5/8" bolt. It accepts two MCM 350 cables.  There is plenty of room for this
one to be drilled out to take a 3/4" bolt.

This page shows a few expamples. The 5/8" would need to be reamed to 3/4",
but there is plenty of material.  Check with a local electrical supply house
and you may find some nearby.

Good Luck,

Roger (K8RI)