[TowerTalk] 160m1/4 wave vertical help needed

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160m1/4 wave vertical help needed
From: "Rodger Hough" <>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 19:57:46 -0400
I believe you have a tall enough tower. As a broadcast cheif engineer years
ago, I had a 120 footer on 1220kc, lower than your desired frequency. Base
current beomes high (over 9 amps in that particular tower), but we were
elevated at least 4 and probably closer to 6 feet above ground because of
flooding problems. And we had a lot more radials and some copper mesh under the
tower. I think its a matter of the right matching network at the base of the

Rodger Hough