Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground wire
From: "Jim Miller" <JimMiller@STL-OnLine.Net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:46:39 -0500
I usually do this, not asking it clearly.  It makes perfect sense to me but
I know what I am trying to find out.

I can run enough of the 3 wire #8 cords to be as large or larger than
whatever is recommended.  What I should have specified is that the wires are
insulated (romax style) and then the separate runs of course are insulated
from each other and then bundled and ALL the wires at each end tied together
as if they were ONE conductor.

Now the question.  I was wondering if the wires being insulated individually
will cause some adverse effect (being caused by their capacitance or
inductance to each other) on their capability to properly handle a
("normal") lightning strike verses using a single conductor of similar size.

Thanks guys,
73, de Jim KG0KP