Re: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] Ground wire

To: Kenny Young <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [Tower Talk] Ground wire
From: Jim Lux <>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:30:37 -0700
Kenny Young wrote:
Actually the NEC says the smallest conductor that can be paralleled is 1/0.

Kenny, AB4GG

Where is that in the code? Art.310.4 Wiring methods?

I would think that you could persuade your inspector that 3 parallel conductors, effectively bonded at each end, meet the requirement.

This isn't a "power conductor" so maybe the 1/0 rule doesn't apply?
(I think the wording is phase, neutral, or grounded conductor, and a grounding bond connection isn't any of those.. it's a "ground*ing*" conductor)

I'd have to check Art 250, though. An online website says that 310-4 doesn't apply to equipment grounding conductors, and you look to 250-122(f) for guidance