[TowerTalk] rohn 25 guy brackets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rohn 25 guy brackets
From: STEPHEN L SALA <k7awb@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 16:56:09 -0700
I noticed that the newer Rohn 25 guy brackets are marked differently than the
older ones and have three additional small brackets, sort of like used on the
Rohn 45 types.  I just opened up a new box and it has it three main pieces
marked as GB25D even though the box is marked GA25GD.  The newer small brackets
are marked KC688.  My older guy brackets do not have these small additional
cross brackets nor the holes to bolt them in.  Of course, my older brackets are
up to 30 years old.  Does anyone know why they changed the design and when?  It
looks like they are mechanically equivalent though.
Stephen L. Sala (Steve) K7AWB Nine Mile Falls, WA DN17es