Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] whole house surge protectors
From: Bill Tippett <>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 20:47:07 -0400

         When I built our house 12 years ago I had the
the following installed by our power company:

No problems and LED's still green even with numerous
hits to my 180' tower.  My service is underground 1800'
from the road where it is overhead.  We have lost a few
things on our phone line (also buried) but never the
power line.  I think the cost was a bit over $100 installed.

                                 73,  Bill  W4ZV