Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Protectors

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Whole House Surge Protectors
From: <>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 9:53:08 -0400
I have a ~100' piece of burried 1/2" hardline going from my metal bulkhead out
to the base of the tower.  It's not connected to anything on the tower, nor
anything inside the shack.  I keep a beer can taped over the outside unused end
to keep water out.  A monster EMP strike I took last week blew said beer can
apart, and scorched (melted) the outside connector.

I guess I need to put polyphasers on both ends of the unused coax and add
ground rods to the beer can so this doesn't happen again....

Blake N4GI