Re: [TowerTalk] Age Old Question

To: "Tom Osborne" <>,"Towertalk" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Age Old Question
From: "K8RI" <>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 04:15:35 -0400

> Hi Steve
> Don't you have to be careful with the tape??  I have heard (or read) that
> you don't want to pull the tape to break it after taping the coax.
> Pulling
> it too hard can damage the dielectric.  73

You'd need to have a very fragile coax for that to happen.  The idea behing
not pulling the tape to break it is that end tends to come loose after a
while which gives the tape a start to come off.  I go three to 4 wraps and
... Pull.  I've had no problems with that approach. OTOH I have had a few
ends come loose over the years and look a little unsightly, but they still

I suppose pulling the tape tight over a sharp edge, or bump could cause a
problem, but other than that I see none.

Roger (K8RI)