Re: [TowerTalk] Force12

To: TowerTalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Force12
From: "Kenneth D. Grimm, K4XL" <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 15:32:28 -0400
Lee Wical wrote:
> Bottom line! Why buy Force 12?

Sometimes they have just what you need.  For example, I needed a good
portable antenna to take to the beach for IOTA operation.  The Force 12
Sigma 5, a five band vertical dipole, fit the bill exactly.  It broke
down into a two foot long bundle and went together easily and was in
operation in about 10 minutes.

Their antennas work as well or better than the competition.  My
EF-420/240 was an excellent performer...particularly on 20, where it was
every bit as good, if not better, than my old HyGain 204BA.

Refusing to buy from an irritating company is akin to cutting off your
nose to spite your face.  I can take a little aggravation if necessary
to get what I want.  YMMV.

Ken K4XL
k4xl@arrl.net

*** BoatAnchor Manual Archive ***
On the web at http://bama.sbc.edu and http://bama.edebris.com
FTP site info: bama.sbc.edu login: anonymous p/w: youremailadr