Re: [TowerTalk] Second And Third Age Old Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Second And Third Age Old Questions
From: "K8RI" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:45:16 -0400

> Ok.  Here's two more for you:
>
> 1) What's the best way to route cable at the top of
> the tower to allow rotation of the antenna/mast
> without damaging the cable and/or getting it hung up
> on something?  FYI, I'm talking about 140 feet of Rohn
> 45G with the top guy at the 135 foot level.  In the
> past I've wound the cable around the mast and let it
> unwind as the mast turns.  Is this a best practice?

I use LMR 400 and 600 on my towers with the extra -flex versions used for
the pigtails. Typically I set it so that at max rotation there are two full
turns laying on the tower top plate. With 540 degrees of rotation this
leaves plenty for the "wind up" in the other direction.

> 2) What's the best way to route cable when using a Tic
> Ring?  FYI.  the rings are just above guy attachment
> points.

That I know not.

73

Roger (K8RI) Still trying to figure out the menues on an Icom 7000 which
makes the 897D look intuitive.
<:-))