Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass Rod Part Deux

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fiberglass Rod Part Deux
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 14:16:57 -0400 (EDT)
I installed more than 10,000 feet of black PLP fiberglas guys on my towers 12
years ago.  The top of each rod has just begun to turn
white.  There's no evidence of reduced strength and it affects only the
surface of each rod.  The shady side of the guy rods (downward facing)
is still black.

I fully expect at least 25 years of service from my PLP fiberglas
guys. In this location, 25 years is also the expected service life of
galvanized steel guy wire.

73!
Frank
W3LPL