Re: [TowerTalk] Age Old Question

To: Jeffrey Okamitsu <jokamitsu@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Age Old Question
From: Ethan <ethan@ravenscall.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 22:38:23 -0400
Jeffrey Okamitsu wrote:
> Ok.  Maybe I'm opening up a can of worms here.  And, I
> know this has been debated before, but what's better
> for securing cable to tower legs?  UV hard cable ties
> or electrical tape?
Electrical tape is by far better.  Even UV cable ties will deteriorate
in a few years.  I've seen towers where you could stand at the bottom of
the tower, grab a feedline and pull out, and have all the cable ties pop
most of the way up the tower.  It doesn't matter what kind of tape you
use, as long as it's black electrical tape, and you put several layers
on.  As has been said already, it's best to cut the tape rather than
pulling it apart, or at least tear it off rather than stretching it,
because stretched tape will flag.

There are better methods of anchoring cables to a tower, but for most
purposes black electrical tape will work.

--
Ethan KC8HES