Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Beeswax
From: Alan NV8A <>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2007 19:42:25 -0400
On 10/02/07 07:34 pm wrote:

> Small quantities of Bees Wax are sold in instrument shops, a  la violins.
> It is used for waxing the bows - - the last time I heard,  which was a long
> time ago.  Maybe they can give you a hint.

When *I* was learning the violin (which could have been even longer
ago), we used rosin for the bows.

One source of beeswax would be your nearest Eastern Orthodox church:
most use beeswax candles; maybe Roman Catholics do too, but I'm not sure.

Since others may use beeswax for candles too, a store that sells
candle-making supplies might be a good source.

Alan NV8A