Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259's

To: "''" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259's
From: Steve Katz <>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 16:08:47 -0700
>...whereas the
"recommended" installation per the Amphenol book is good to at least 300
MHz, and most are quite good even to 440 MHz.

Doesn't everyone switch over to N connectors above 2M   Somehow using a
on UHF seems sacrilegious.
de Bill

::Actually, *good* PL-259s, properly installed (with the outer conductor
terminating well inside the connector, right up against the plug dielectric
insulation at the pin), are easily good to 70cm with no measurable loss and
they can handle more current (thus, higher power) than type Ns can.  Like
with most coaxial connectors, the weak link is the female, not the male.
Oh, I might say that about my marriage also, but I'll bite my tongue.