Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Inverted L for 160 Meters
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:09:09 -0400
"and while having a LOT
is better, it's probably only about 6 dB better. That's a good
reason for adding radials, but it's not a reason for staying off of
160 if you can't! :)"

Yep, I have about 30 more countries worked on 160m that I wouldn't
have if I hadn't decided that 160m was possible with little more than
a 40 foot x 40 foot  radial field... and I'm running barefoot!   The
antenna is a 60 foot base loaded vertical.

I did add a few long ones out to the front yard, but I'm out of land.

I'm not blowing anyone's doors in and I have to count on the good
graces of the big guns to make QSOs but it's better than no 160 DX at