Re: [TowerTalk] IC-706MKIIG and Receiving ant's

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] IC-706MKIIG and Receiving ant's
From: "Eric Hilding" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:10:29 -0700
Dave, KB8NNU, inquired:

> Hello all....I am looking for a solution here - I have a IC-706MKIIG and
would like to utilize a seperate antenna for receive, but unfortunately I

> can only utilize the existing single antenna jack which is usually hooked
to my transmit antenna.  I have a K9AY array that I would like to use

> in combination with my tx antenna, but need a good switching solution.

      > Any ideas appreciated...

I was in the process of working out a similar problem solution with N6RK for
my TS-480 rigs, when MFJ came out with their new MFJ-1708 switches.

Ahhh, I bought 2 of them (for SO2R), but coincidentally this morning was on
the phone with MFJ Tech Support about the POORLY WRITTEN "Manual" (an 8.5 x
11 inch piece of paper folded once) and erroneous data and confusion
therein.  The gentleman could not answer several of my questions (including
"would the relay handled QSK?"), so I was referred to an email address to
another tech person ;-(

I believe these units will work, but also necessitate some additional
external switching devices for maximum flexibility and control.

FYI & 73.

Rick, K6VVA