Re: [TowerTalk] Using Rohn 65G

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using Rohn 65G
From: <>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:06:23 -0000
I fabricated my plates.  For the top I used a triangular plate with a large
radius in each corner and I drilled holes to line up with the tower bolt
holes.  For the lower plate I used a rectangular plate and bolted angle
stock to it and connected that to the tower with U-bolts.

Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Rohn 65G
From: "Richard L. King" <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 02:08:58 +0000

I am thinking about using some Rohn 65G for a short self-supporting
tower to hold some VHF/UHF yagi antennas.

I understand that accessory plates for rotators and thrust bearings
are not available from Rohn for this size tower.

I wonder what others have done about this? Do you have to fabricate
your own accessory plates or is there someone, somewhere where this
hardware can be purchased?

73, Richard - K5NA