[TowerTalk] Teflon dielectric waterproofing filler

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Teflon dielectric waterproofing filler
From: "Jim McDonald" <jim@n7us.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 21:19:28 -0500
Yesterday, I went to Cable X-Perts in Glenview, IL to pick up two cable
assemblies of their version of LMR-400UF with PL-259s attached to use
between my remote coax switch and yagis.  The connectors were crimped, had
soldered pins and heat shrink tubing and looked terrific - no comparison to
the short jumpers I had bought from them a few years ago.

While I was there, Nick, the new owner (not a ham), gave me a tube of Teflon
dielectric waterproofing filler.  Does anyone know if this is the same as
what others here have reported on previously?  Being in AZ and NM for most
of my life, waterproofing wasn?t something I paid a lot of attention to.  I
just did a couple of reverse wraps with good tape.  Their stuff is at
http://www.cablexperts.com/cfdocs/cat.cfm?ItemGroup=15&itmsub=0&bskt=0&USA_s
hip=1&c=0 .

Now I?m back in the Midwest.  Is this a good idea for PL-259s?  (Yes, I know
Ns are better.)

Jim N7US
?
?