Re: [TowerTalk] hanging Heliax

To: richard allen <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hanging Heliax
From: Gene Smar <>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:45:55 -0500 (CDT)

     I posted something here a few years ago about my home-made ground clamp
system for RG-213, viz.: .
You can probably adapt the process to Andrew Heliax as well.  Someone on this
reflector posted photos of this assembly.  Maybe they can re-post for you to
help out.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: richard allen <>
Date: 2007/10/16 Tue PM 05:51:16 CDT
Subject: [TowerTalk] hanging Heliax

I am about to install two runs of 7/8 Heliax (LDF5) and three of 1/2
Heliax (LDF4) going up a 55 foot tower.

Can I use hose clamps to secure the cable?

Can I use lots of heavy plastic tie wraps (1/2" wide)?

Can I use the hose clamps around the connector for grounding at the
top or do I need to use the Andrews grounding kits?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Richard W5SXD