A friend of mine just gave me a bunch (guessing 200' - 400') of hardline
in about 6-8 pieces. Some pieces with connectors some without. So I plan
to use this on two VHF antennas, and on a separate UHF antenna.
1. How do you put connectors on this stuff?
2. If it looks good, no cracks and the outside looks good, is it
probably good? It has been sitting in a coil, outside, under and against
a tree for a few years.
3. On the pieces that have no end, if I cut off 1' - 2' I should be able
to use it because I doubt if any water can penetrate that far up.
4. My MFJ-259A should tell me if it is not good, as it has a coax loss
measurement. Correct? What is the best way to test it?
5. Should I use UHF or N connectors? The pieces that have connectors
Kipton Moravec KE5NGX
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
TowerTalk mailing list