Re: [TowerTalk] Hard Line Question

To: kip@kdream.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hard Line Question
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:07:36 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 14:10:30 -0500, Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>
wrote:

>1. How do you put connectors on this stuff?

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

This isn't exactly what you asked, but you might consider it.

I try to avoid coax connectors wherever possible. I just hard wire the
center conductor and braid to whatever needs it. It works fine, at
least on HF, and eliminates one potential source of trouble.
Waterproof it well and you're all set. folks have been doing this with
dipoles and quads forever and it works great with yagis and other
antennas too. If you need a balun, just slip the usual ferrite beads
on first.

Just a thought.

Bill W6WRT