Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shorty 40
From: David Gilbert <>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 21:46:10 -0700

Force 12's own website says their more recent coil-loaded Delta 240 is
intended to replace the older linear loaded EF-240S, their explanation

"The most difficult aspect of the antenna was tuning the elements to the
proper frequencies for maximum performance.  This is because the linear

Several reviews on additionally report problems with the stiff
Alum-O-Weld loading wires/**/ breaking, so I suspect that also had some
impact on F12's decision to create the Delta 240.  In theory, the Delta
240 is similar to the OptiBeam OB2-40 (the choice I made as well), but
the Delta 240 elements are a bit shorter and I'm sure the OptiBeam is
more ruggedly built.