Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] High voltage transmission lines
From: "Paul Christensen" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 16:50:32 -0400
> The FCC has the authority and ability to levey very large fines and have
> done so in cases where their demands were disregarded. I believe the most
> recent was down in Texas.

The issue is not the FCC's authority over the subject matter but the
potential impact to the public at large.  While the FCC can levy a fine, the
claim would not stand an injunctive action to compel the utility to take
immediate, corrective action unless the RFI was in some way affecting a
critical public service.  I believe the FCC would look at cases involving
EHV lines differently in terms of the timing of the corrective action much
differently than that of LV distribution.

Paul, W9AC