[TowerTalk] Dielectric Constant of THHN

To: "TopBand List" <>,"NCCC" <>,"Tower Talk List" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dielectric Constant of THHN
From: "Jim Brown" <>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:55:44 -0700
I use THHN for antenna wire. For purposes of using NEC to design for
length, I need the diectric constant of the insulation used in THHN.
For #12, I've been using a thickness of 0.0445 inch and constant of
2.0. Is this a good first approximation?

Yes, I know I could hang the antenna, check the resonance, then lower
it and tweak the length. But this puppy has to be fished through some
trees, and it's a big deal to raise and lower it. So it's worth
getting as close as possible the first time.

Jim K9YC