Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu g-2800DXA problems with indicator going inreverse

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu g-2800DXA problems with indicator going inreverse
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:43:50 +0000
Most of the Yaesu rotor problems like that can be traced to low impedance
leaks to ground on the motor drive lines.  disconnect the cable from the
control box and measure the resistance of the motor power leads to ground,
most likely there is water in a connector or one of the filter caps or other
components is shorted to ground.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net