Re: [TowerTalk] N-Connector to Super 8 Low Loss Cable?

To: "''" <>,Towertalk e-Goups <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] N-Connector to Super 8 Low Loss Cable?
From: Steve Katz <>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 10:30:57 -0700
Yes, you need a different center pin.  The "correct" type N connectors to
fit the #10AWG and #9.5AWG center conductor cables like 9913, LMR400, etc.
are readily available from several sources, and they are not the standard
mil-spec UG21D/U type.  The Amphenol 82-202-1006 fits, as do the RFN1006-31
crimp type N and several others.  The R.F. Connection in MD stocks all this
stuff.  Joel at R.F. Connection "used" to sell just the specialty center pin
and rear gasket so a convention N connector could be retrofit for oversized
conductors as their P/N "9913/SET" but I'm not sure if he still does.