[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] Using Preformed grips

Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Preformed grips
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:13:53 EDT
List-post: <>
In a message dated 10/24/2007 12:29:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, writes:

>        Just use a 502/504  insulator and a couple of Biggrips to join the 
Phillystran and steel guy  cables.  No need to try to cobble something  

         One important caveat.  Preformed grips come with two sets of 
crossover marks. The set nearest the  termination loop is for normal 
applications to 
the guy wire. The second set that  is farther away from the termination loop 
is used when using the grip thru an  insulator - e.g. 502, etc. This gives the 
grip a shallower crossover angle.  Using the first set of marks thru an 
insulator puts some funny stresses on the  grip.
Steve      K7LXC
Professional tower services for hams
Cell: 206-890-4188

************************************** See what's new at

TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>
  • [TowerTalk] Using Preformed grips, K7LXC <=