Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,

To: "bill rubin" <brubin2010@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower accident,
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
bill rubin wrote:
> I know that ARRL has a tower safety book, but I would like to see them put
> out a Video (DVD) that is professionally done.  I think it would help many
> of us.
>
> Bill N1HWC

Instead of a video that parrots that book, maybe they need
a video showing pictures of dead climbers after they've
been smashed on the ground, kind of like those drivers ed
movies that scare you about drunk driving.  Or the climber who
fell, but lived ... for the rest of his life in a wheelchair.
I recently talked to a climber who teaches classes in tower
safety, but doesn't apply any of those rules to himself
when he climbs.

Rick N6RK