Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident

To: "Doug Renwick" <>,"'TowerTalk'" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Roswell Tower Accident
From: "Steve Daniel" <>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 23:21:09 -0500
To: "'TowerTalk'" <>
Sent: Wednesday, October 24, 2007 10:36 PM

IMO if you can't free climb a tower then maybe you shouldn't be climbing
at all.  One or preferably two connections at the work level is advised.
Do not rush.  Test your connection with both hands on the tower before
transferring your life from your hands to your connection.  IMO a lot of
hams are out of shape.  If you are going to climb then you better be in
good physical shape or forget it.

------------ REPLY FOLLOWS ------------

I know you are right, but I have seen tower climbing professionals who
climb a tower with no safety line connected at all, and only hook up
when they are in place ready to work.

If the professionals are so lacking in concern, what hope is there for
us amateurs? I guess after you climb a few hundred towers with no
accidents, you become immortal.

My rule is to always have two connections to the tower: Either my
safety line plus one hand, or two safety lines. I never trust only one
safety connection, ever.

73, Bill W6WRT

No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.15.8/1088 - Release Date: 23/10/2007 1:26 PM