Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident

To: k2vi <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident
From: Pat Barthelow <>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:59:55 -0700
Hello Tony,
I would hope you decide to positively attach to the tower as soon as you step
off the ground,  the currently accepted standard.
It is a lttle bold these days to free climb and strap off when you arrive at
your work height.

What REALLY concerns me though, is your last statement:
Tony Said:
If this tower was any higher i would exersize a bit more safe.

I think I mentioned about the 50% fatality rate from falls at 20 ft,
approaching close to 100 percent at 40 ft.

I hope you can develop a mind set that there is no difference in due dilligence
requirements between elevations of 20 ft or 300 ft.

All the Best, 73,
Pat Barthelow
Jamesburg Earth Station Moon Bounce Team