Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident

To: k2vi <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tower accident
From: Ethan <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 12:51:44 -0400
k2vi wrote:
> I have a 42' rohn 25 tower with a ta-33 and 2meter vertical above,I am in
> very good shape,run 8 miles a week I weigh 170 at 5'9 and can overhead press
> 205 which aint bad,I do climb the tower then buckle in at the top,I will say
> every step up is slow and methodical.I concentrate where i grab the tower and
> where my foot is resting.If my foot slips off the rung I can easily hold my
> weight to regain my footing.In a few years when i become old i will shackle
> when climbing.If this tower was any higher i would exersize a bit more
> safe.
> tony k2vi
Tony, quit fooling yourself.  You're no safer than if you climbed a 400
foot tower monkey style.  There are plenty of scenarios where you could
lose your ability to hold on to the tower, no matter how careful you
are.  I work in the industry, and I hear about them all the time.  At
least most of the time I hear, "Thank God he had his lanyard attached."

Ethan KC8HES