Re: [TowerTalk] FAA Log Periodics

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] FAA Log Periodics
From: Edward Sylvester <>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:49:10 -0700 (PDT)
There is also one in Los Angeles, in the hills of Rolling Hills.   Thought
about hooking up my rig to it, but didn't want to risk getting shot ;-)
  Ed NI6S wrote:
  Orig Message:
> The following was an old query that had been attached to a recent series
> of
> emails regarding Log periodic antennas. The answer about the one near
> Leesburg as being for the FAA is correct, and I was there just in the past
> few
> weeks. Also just last week I noted the same antenna in Albuquerque, NM.
> facility in the NE sector of town. The Sandia's block the view to the
> East, so
> not sure how effective it would be in that direction.
> Norm W4QN

That "Log" in Albuquerque went up in the late 1980's...... I was working about
3 blocks east of the FAA center and, being a level headed Scandahooovian, I
would salivate out of both corners of my mouth as I saw it go up. Oh, what a
pretty sight in the late afternoon as the sun hit all that aluminum!!!!!!!!!!!

K9WN Jake

TowerTalk mailing list

Do You Yahoo!?