[TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts

Subject: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts
From: Barry <>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 23:00:52 +0000
My previous T2X was up on my Rohn 45 for 15+ years, no problems.  I
recently replaced it, and today noted antennas spinning in the wind.  I
climbed up and saw all the bolts were gone except one, which was loose.
I didn't do this installation, but did the first one, and didn't do
anything special (Locktite, etc.) to secure the bolts.   Did I get lucky
the first time?  Any ideas why they loosened up, and what should be done
to prevent it in the future?  This latest installation has only been up
a month or two.
Barry W2UP

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA