[TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts

Subject: [TowerTalk] Loose rotor bolts
From: Peter Chadwick <>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 06:19:23 +0100 (CET)
I had the same problem with a T2X and stainless bolts - they are 1/4 -20. I did
use single coil lock washers, too. My answer, which has served for over 20
years now, is an aluminium plate, 1/16th inch thick, held tightly up against
the bolt heads, and use lock washers. Loctite didn't work, but with hindsight,
I'm not entirely sure I used the right variety of Loctite. You do need to be
able to take the rotor off every so often for service, so that is also a factor
in which Loctite to use.

Peter G3RZP