[TowerTalk] Crimping center conductor?

Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimping center conductor?
From: "James M. Daly" <>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 04:30:48 -0700 (PDT)
I have taken the plunge toward crimp-on connectors;
purchased an RFA-4005. Reading through the archives I
seen a few posts saying that users of the system
solder the center conductor regardless, while at least
one person said they think that is unnecessary that
the crimp is sufficient. So I am wondering what the
consensus is among crimp connector users; solder the
center conductor or just crimp it?

My application will be DRF BuryFlex coax, UHF
connectors from RFI (RFU-507-SI), operation will be in
the HF bands.

James ? AD1L

Do You Yahoo!?