[TowerTalk] 4 element CFL Phased Array

Subject: [TowerTalk] 4 element CFL Phased Array
From: Jim Jarvis <>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:51:58 -0400

So, the question is how to manage the power division when you're driving Hg
Fluorescent elements?

OK...Steve's right, this is off topic.  But I'm not even the least bit

I'm glad the topic was raised regarding RFI.  It was helpful.

At the same time, it appears that the Hg in landfills (which we CAN
control...sort of) is far less than the Hg in the air from coal burned power
generation, offset by using more efficient CFL lighting than inkies.  Or, so
it is claimed by the power gods.  (ceo of PSEG)

So there.

Now,  if I were F12, and wanted to phase an array of 4 lightbulbs, as on
their website, would it  be more efficient to use mismatched CFL's or
mismatched incandescents?   See..that part's on  topic.   :)

Da Devil made me do it, Steve!!!   And I won't do it again.