[TowerTalk] Aluminium wire for antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminium wire for antennas
From: Martin Sole <msole@loxinfo.co.th>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 21:24:24 +0700
I just bought some 12 gauge aluminium wire to rewind some traps and at
the price it occurred to me that it would make great antenna wire. Given
that it is lighter in addition to being much cheaper than copper why
would I not want to use it? It feels fairly soft so I'm thinking stretch
might be a problem but  not sure what else might be a factor. Almost all
my other antennas are aluminium why not the wire ones?

Thoughts?

Martin, HS0ZED