Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yaesu - 2700 and 3800 rotors
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 21:48:35 +0100 (CET)

>but what percentage of those failures were
infant mortality or induced by external causes?<

1 probably external: no infant mortalities. While a 6L6G my father bought in
1936 for the then equivalent of 50 cents is still going strong as a series
regulator tube. With the other one of the pair he bought, I guess they'll
outlast me.

>it is such a battle getting crappy little parts out
of Yaesu,<

YES!
>I bet my rotator LEDs outlast me.<

 OK, I'll take the bait and be rude, since we know each other.  At your age, is
that difficult?
>CU at Dayton this year?<
The hotel (Crowne Plaza) is booked. I'm looking into booking the flights. If I
go via Dallas, I can travel 1st class from there to Dayton. The question is
whether the airline miles that get me 1st class to Dallas also get me to
Dayton, and that I'll find out tomorrow. If not, it's via Chicago, but the
flights are more convenient via Dallas. Let's just hope I don't repeat this
year and go to hospital instead. At the time one should be in Hooters with the
SMC guys, it's not good to be told 'you're very seriously ill and causing us
grave concern'.
73
Peter G3RZP