[TowerTalk] Yaesy elevation rotator

To: "TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesy elevation rotator
From: "Barrie Smith" <barrie@centric.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:20:36 -0700
I'm about to install a G-5500 elevation rotor, which I have used in the past,
with good luck except for the small analog meter-readout.

The meter is (with my eyes) difficult to read accurately, and is calibrated in
7.5 degree increments.

There is a DIN socket on the back of the controller which is labeled "External
Control", but not a mention of that in the manual.

I Googled the subject, and got about a million hits, but nothing that I could
use.

Anyone aware of how to externally control this unit?  Or, at least, use a large
digital readout?

73, Barrie, W7ALW