Re: [TowerTalk] 10 meter ant height

To: <towertalk@longwire.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 10 meter ant height
From: <jacobsen_5@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 13:03:21 -0600
Larry, N8KU asked:

"I will be putting a Solarcon A99 up, on a side-arm, on my 110' tower.

(This is a 10m ground plane - OK, it's a CB antenna. But I had over 100
countries on the last one, mounted at only 30', before it fell apart.)

If you could put it at any height for best DX performance, what would
that be?

--
Larry  N8KU"

Larry,

Ummmmm, At the height it works best for the existing conditions? (I'm sorry,
it's the sugar high form the pastry I had this morning for breakfast HIHI)

Seriously, interesting question..... How about on a "Hazer" so you could move
it up and down at will. Sort of like turning a yagi, but instead you move it
vertically to try and get the best take off angle.......... Of course, you'd
have to mount it on that side arm to get it farther away from the tower.

Gd luck with the project. Let us know how it turns out.

73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake