Re: [TowerTalk] winch recommendation

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w3ea@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] winch recommendation
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 14:20:50 EST

In a message dated 11/9/2007 9:02:59 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I arrived just in time to see three men hanging on and  tugging on the
guys to release pleasure on the equalizer plate.

    Oh, baby! I never thought of that myself - hi.

>  with two set of guys attached  at the other   anchors and a   Power King
Garden Tractor tied to the top turnbuckle  of the remaining guy point, they
were tugging on  causing the hole tower  ect to osculate.

    Not that I'm a big fan of kissing towers but it  might be worth a try.

>  Not believing what  I was witnising  I now picked  up my pace down he hill
from the barn area, waving my hands, yelling STOP  whooooo  and just then the
Owner knocked  out the bolt that attached  the equalizer plate to the ground
rod.

    Umm, I think you meant guy anchor rod. OTOH  maybe it was attached to the
ground rod.

>  in a millisecond the tower leached and the rope grew taught  and all was
good.

         It's actually taut.  At least you didn't say "taunt" which shows up
periodically. Personally I've  taunted lots of towers without any problems.

        Thank goodness no one was  hurt.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH