[TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 05:43:48 -0500
Eduardo,

Many years ago I had a similar situation, but I was using a Hustler 4BTV
vertical. I had a 204BA on a 90 foot tower. I tried putting the vertical
above the yagi, with three radials extending below the beam. While it tuned
well, it never played very well.

I then strapped it to the chimney on my two story farm house at about 25
feet with three radials lying on and then extending off the roof. It tune
well land played very well.

My pal NR4M had a Butternut trap vertical sitting over 100 radials lying on
top of the lawn. It was in a clear area and played very well. In deciding
that ground mounting isn't your best option, there are a lot of
considerations that need to be made. Being close to your tower isn't
necessarily a problem, but there are a number of other considerations.

It seems to me that roof mounting is probably your best bet.

73 de Larry K7SV