Re: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 mtr vertical in the city
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 12:42:37 EST

I agree that on the roof with resonant radials or on the ground with a lot
of radials will both work well.

Another affirmative roof mount vote.   I put up a 1/4 vertical for 17M on my
roof to work the Swains Island DX-pedition. Pretty much a 30 minute BY fire
drill when I saw a spot and had no other antenna...  It included  5 1/4 wave
radials tacked to the roof.  Got Swains and just about everything else I've
heard
on 17 since then.  40 meters might require a bit more care than I put into
the installation.

Good luck...  there is always a way to get out...

Bill
K2EK