[TowerTalk] CURIOUS EFFECT AFTER INCREASING NUMBER OF RADIALS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CURIOUS EFFECT AFTER INCREASING NUMBER OF RADIALS
From: "Larry Schimelpfenig" <k7sv@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:01:51 -0500
Dave,

I appreciate the input. I started with a convential swr bridge and that's
what led me to look at the thing with the analyzer.

However, it seems that I was leading myself astray last night. NR4M just
called and said that while I had the right antenna connected to the bulkhead
coming into the shack, and I had it routed to a two position switch at the
operating position, I apparently selected the 80M 4sq rather than the T last
night. NR4M just called and let me know. SWR is about 1.7:1 so we'll add a
little more wire to the T and we should be to go! The 80M 4sq appears to be
a pretty good 160 receive antenna!

73 de Larry K7SV