Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Feed Thru for Removable Cables

To: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>,"'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable Feed Thru for Removable Cables
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 18:12:31 -0500
One thought would be to place a NEMA 4 (think it's a 4) enclosure on the
outside end of the hole through the wall. That is the way I bring my cables
in via underground PVC conduit. However for a temporary hookup, instead of
going underdround just put a short stub out the bottom of the box. When not
in use just stick a cap on it with a bit of Silastic RTV. Use just enough to
seal it, but not enough to make getting it apart a problem.

Take a look at how I bring in the cables. Photos are about in the middle of
the page. There are a number of larger photos so if you aren't on broadband
it'll likely be slow to load.
http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/cablebox.htm
or the last photo on http://www.rogerhalstead.com/ham_files/tower.htm which
is a really big page.

I do something similar on the West end of my shop and those cables do not go
underground and it's a NEMA 3? box. At least it's the NEMA box with the
front cover that flips up with the removal of two screws.  The one on the
house is gasketed.

Good Luck,

Roger (K8RI)