Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.

To: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>, jay@kt5e.us
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Grounding ... again...with a twist.
From: Jim Lux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 06:52:19 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

>> Take a look at the Intermatic Panel Surge protector for each of your
>> service panels.  These are great self contained units and even come with a
>> $10,000 - $25,000 warranty for electrical equipment and appliances  you
>> have connected downstream.
>>
>> My $0.02,
>>
>> Jay - KT5E

I'd be very interested to know if anyone has successfully collected on one of
those warranties.  I was reading the details on a similar one with a standard
$6 plug strip, and the impression I got is that collecting would be well nigh
impossible, and you would incur substantial inconvenience and expense in the
process (e.g. you had to, at your expense, pack and ship all the damaged
equipment to the mfr, who, in their sole discretion, would decide what action
to take)

Jim, w6rmk