[TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40 Meter Vertical
From: "Paul Sturpe" <>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 18:40:14 -0500
I am looking for a design for a full size 40 meter, 1/4 wave, self
supporting vertical.

I am thinking that telescoping aluminum tubing is the best way to go, but I
am not sure what sizes are needed in order to be self supporting (no guys.)

It has been suggested that I simply use half of an element from the 40 meter
yagi as described in the ARRL antenna book.  This in fact would work, but is
probably design over kill for a vertical.

Does anyone know of plans for a design that meets my criteria?

Paul, W3GQ