[TowerTalk] radial connections

Subject: [TowerTalk] radial connections
From: Larry DiGioia N8KU <>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 10:51:04 -0500
I just got done installing a new inv-L for 160, right next to my
existing Hy-Tower, which has 77 radials.

I managed to get 4 new radials for 160 run before the wx turned bad, and
I ran a single connecting wire between the two bases. Eventually, I will
end up with two radial systems crossing over/intersecting each other.

The antenna works fine, I got a GM last night on the first call with 100W.

My question is, for now, if there are lots of radials underneath a
vertical, BUT NOT CONNECTED TO IT, do they do anything?

Larry  N8KU

 l o n g w i r e . c o m
 HF - DX - CW - Digital